Find executive positions in the mortgage industry.
Vice President of Central Mortgage Operations
Position: Vice President of Mortgages
Hours of Work:
Monday through Friday: 8:30AM-5:00PM
To the extent permitted by law, the Company may, in its sole discretion, change the work schedule to address business needs. Work hours will depend on the business hours of the time zone serviced.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
In This Role, You Will…
Hold direct accountability for the profitable operation, smooth functioning, and leadership of the Mortgage Branch Office and effective coordination of mortgage customer services in the entire branch market area. Specific responsibilities include income generation and expense control consistent with attainment of annual planned growth retention goals in mortgage loans, fee income, and utilization of all other available products services; originating and reviewing mortgage loans as well as subsequent loss mitigation; performing audits in order to maintain compliance with company and legal regulations; plus proper utilization development of assigned branch personnel.
- Coordinates with Senior Executive Vice President with direction, profitability, and leadership for the Mortgage Department.
- Ensures mortgage activity is compliant with all federal, state, and company regulations and requirements.
- Coordinates and interviews prospective job applicants and provides recommendations to designated management professionals relative to qualified candidates for vacancies, including loan officers.
- Provides service to customers and prospective customers seeking mortgage loans. Extends credit to individuals through a variety of mortgage loan programs. Represents the company in the community and develops and promotes additional business.
- Develops and maintains a positive image in local market area through contacts within the community, with businesses, individuals, civic leaders, and community organizations. Advises necessary personnel of marketing opportunities, economic, and competitive changes, and actively pursues opportunities which could positively influence branch market share, operations, and growth.
- Identifies mortgage leads from the Central Approval Department for loans to be brokered.
- Responsible for the sale of company products and services. Places inside sales calls to increase customer base. Responsible for the retention and maintenance of existing accounts as well as developing awareness of other sales/service activities.
- Demonstrates consistent, effective leadership through supervision, development, and management of branch employees. Ensures proper planning, training/development, and motivation of staff to obtain branch goals, minimize turnover, and create conditions for positive, effective working relationships.
- Implements internal branch auditing procedures which properly control all negotiable items and company records held within the branch. Procedures must meet and may exceed those dictated by company policy.
- Attends and participates in company meetings to keep abreast of current trends and changes in the marketplace served by the company. Provides input for analysis and resolution of administrative and operational problems. Participates in periodic professional development activities to build knowledge and enhance competency and partners with senior leadership across departments.
- Prepares and submits reports as required reflecting Mortgage Branch activity and growth.
- May perform additional functions depending on market demand and staffing in order to provide consistent quality customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline such as personnel management, business accounting, marketing, finance, administration, economics; or recent successful (within past three (3) years) completion of a lending training program or other closely aligned course of study. Five (5) years of related experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree and completion of a lending program.
- Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) Certification and Loan Officer License.
- Minimum of three (3) years successful experience supervising both employees and production outcomes of a direct customer contact (sales and/or service) lending or financial services branch or business work unit and consistently attaining business goals.
- Demonstrated personal proficiency in providing customer services and sales, accompanied with evidence of successful completion of formal training in related skills such as selling, negotiating, service improvement.
- Outstanding interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills required to resolve problems for customers; to interact effectively with all levels of employees and all types of customers, both internal and external; and to successfully utilize financial, human, and technological resources to meet established business goals.
- Must possess excellent written communication skills to compose professional, error-free correspondence, together with sufficient personal computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform a variety of tasks with frequent conflicting time demands and regular interruptions while meeting requirements.
- Participation in and successful completion of supervisory/management/regulatory/credit education and training required asa condition of employment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Mariner Finance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, marital status, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran. Drug/Alcohol/Smoke-free workplace.
Benefits: Health (optional HSA with Employer Contributions), Vision, Dental, Basic Life, PTO and 11 paid holidays, 401K + company match, Paid Parental Leave